Thinking about a change in career? Ever thought about becoming a healthcare assistant?
We have several vacancies for healthcare assistants, and in many cases no experience is needed as we can provide full training.
So what does a Health Care Assistant (HCA) actually do?
Usually, a HCA works in a hospital, care home or out in the community, providing support to patients or service users.
Typical duties might include:
- Assisting with day to day tasks (i.e. dressing and washing)
- Helping those with mobility restrictions in using aids and personal equipment.
- Monitoring needs and wellbeing.
- Promoting mental and physical activities for service (reading, walking, socialising, recreational hobbies etc.)
- Making and changing beds, emptying commodes, and light cleaning duties.
- Assisting with preparing and serving of meals.
- Recording information for other health professionals.
To be a great health care assistant, you need to be caring, flexible and have great communication skills. It's a rewarding role where you can make a difference.
Find out more by speaking to one of our specialists about healthcare assistant jobs: 01582 474874, or browse our vacancies >